Thursday, May 08, 2008

LOYALTY AND TREASON, CHARGES LOOMING

In the UK, the opposition in parliament is know as Her Majesty Loyal Opposition.

I wonder if we have that here. As in my last posting, I reckoned that soon Karpal Singh will himself be charge with sedition or worst treason the Seri Paduka Baginda Yang Di Pertuan Agong.

Today, the BN MP are in chorus urging the AG to proceed with charges and to bring Karpal to court. As I said I can feel the breeze.

Opposing the current government either Federal or States is part of a democracy. But openly questioning actions or advise form a Sultan in matters relating to his authority is treason.

Well at least that is the definition by most Malays. Yes we are not in feudal time anymore, but the Malays respect their Sultans, and respect for that sentiments is very important.

No comments: