Monday, April 28, 2008

Malays Special Rights, Are We Ready To Let It Go?

(I have made a simple survey this for the last week)

I have asked this to many Malays, even to many who voted for Pakatan Rakyat. I have got two but similar answer.

Those folks who lived in the rural areas such insisted outright for the Rights to be defended. Well I am expecting that as the answers anyway, looking at how UMNO perform (UMNO won more than 78 seats in the Malays belts states and mostly in the rural areas).

On the other side, those Malays folks who lived in the city or suburbs, are divided in 30% saying Yes, while another 70% saying No.

As most of us do realized that those 30% Malay folks are those who we can define as people who are Middle Class and above, while the 70% respondents are from the low middle class to lower class families.

70% of the respondents feels that they have benefited from NEP, while 30% said that they have not got anything from NEP. At least 80% acknowledge that either them or their close family members have benefited from policies related to NEP.

Well, what can I say! I am asking the question again, Are Malays ready to let go the special rights?

No comments: